Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hot chocolate


Remember last week when I had too much leftover ganache? Well, I found a good use for it :D Strongly inspired by this post, I am currently enjoying very tasty hot chocolate.

Unfortunately, I didn't cover my leftover ganache too well and it tastes very slightly of fridge. But it is still delicious.

Ganache is made by melting 8 oz of dark chocolate with 8 oz of cream. You can do this by heating in a double boiler, or by scalding the cream and then pouring it over chunks of chocolate.

To make hot chocolate, heat about 8 oz milk. I used a microwave in 45 second bursts. Then scoop 4-5 tablespoons of ganache into the milk and stir. I also added 1 tsp of cocoa powder and a pinch of sea salt.


It may be necessary to heat for another 30 seconds to help melt the chocolate.

Stir until smooth.
That's it! It tastes suspiciously like the Starbucks fancy hot chocolate that I was addicted to before the discontinued it. I now have a just-as-good-or-maybe-better substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment